How much do you know about blood? Why does the blood have the red colour? Did you know that his role is to transport oxygen and nutrients to the body? But about the fact that an adult person has between 5 and 6 litres of blood, meaning 7-8% of the body weight?
- The circulatory system has the role of pumping blood into the whole body.
- It is composed of heart and blood vessels (veins, arteries, and capillaries).
- Blood carries oxygen, nutrients, secretions of endocrine glands (hormones), drugs and antibodies throughout the body.
- It also helps to eliminate excess carbon dioxide and excessively toxic substances.
- The blood has two main elements: plasma and figurative elements.
- Plasma accounts for 40-45% of all blood.
- It consists of 90% water, 9% organic substances (proteins, lipids, carbohydrates) and 1% inorganic substances (sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, etc.).
- The figurative elements are the blood cells that float in blood plasma.
- These are of several types: red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.
- The largest blood vessel is the aorta artery, it is about 3.5 centimetres in diameter, so much like a garden hose.
- Capillaries, the smallest blood vessels, have an average diameter of eight microns.
- One micron is equal to one meter divided by one million.
Blood groups you should know
Along with lifestyle and eating, the blood group plays an important role in the human body’s economy. There are four blood groups: A, B, AB, O, these being formed from the intrauterine life.
Each group has its own characteristics that can influence body weight, vulnerability to certain diseases, and even personality. Moreover, based on the characteristics of the blood groups, a suitable nutritional plan for each individual can be established.
Throughout the day, all kinds of chemical reactions occur in the body, and the blood group can greatly influence the digestion process or metabolism.
For example, it is recommended that people with the blood group O eat high-protein foods, such as meat and fish, while group A requires, if not exclusively, a diet based on fruits and vegetables.
Group B people are advised to give up chicken and eat red meat instead, and people with group AB eat seafood and lean meats.
Due to the fact that different antigens are formed on the surface of the red blood cells, each blood group has its own characteristics.
This is the reason why each group is resistant to one type of disease and vulnerable to another type.
Knowing the characteristics of blood groups can help prevent a number of specific illnesses.
Did you know that the blood group also influences the personality?
For example, people with the O group are considered to be extrovert, creative, sociable and confident.
People with type A are quiet, trustworthy and have artistic inclinations.
Group B people are usually ambitious, strong and independent, while people with group AB are trustworthy, shy, responsible and selfless.
eBook Library ⇓
The Magic of Crystals
$0.00 Free eBook
Stress tolerance depends on the blood group. Group A produces the highest amount of cortisol, stress hormone.
If you know people who are angry, they are likely to have the group O.
In addition, they have a higher level of adrenaline and require more time to recover from stressful situations.
Certain blood groups significantly reduce the risk of overweight.
People with group A digest carbohydrates more easily, so they rarely face extra pounds.
At the opposite end, as a result of poorer digestion of carbohydrates, people with the O group are more prone to abdominal fat accumulation.
Before marrying, check your partner’s blood group!
If you want children, it is important to know that certain groups do not have to interfere.
This is the case for groups A and B.
Depending on the RH factor, RH + and RH- should not mix.
This is the reason why in many countries couples are required to perform blood tests before marrying.
The group A is most susceptible to stress, so it requires the most relaxing and calming exercises, yoga and meditation are the most appropriate in these cases.
People with group B are better developed both physically and mentally, so they prefer motion activities that combine and balance these two sides.
Their favourite sports include tennis, mountaineering and martial arts.
It is recommended that you always have a business card with your name, surname, address, phone number, and blood group.
In the event of an accident requiring transportation to the hospital, you may need a blood transfusion.
Here is the issue of compatibility between donors and recipients, so information about your group can make it easier for you to get access to compatible transfusions, which could save your life in serious situations.
There are about five litres of blood, which circulates throughout the body three times every minute.
Blood is made up of 78% water.
All the vessels put together would have a length of over 96,000 kilometres.
The circumference of the Earth at the Equator is only 40,075 kilometres.